[lbo-talk] Verso developments

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:56:58 PDT 2006

Might this have something to do with an unpleasant discovery I made today: that one can no longer purloin for free New Left Review articles by accessing a "secret" back door?

As for the new top dog in Verso's US office, perhaps we can cross our fingers and hope this bears some relation to the fact that the NLR has been a major outlet for the English-language publication of China's "New Left" intellectuals, and Verso itself put out the authoritative English-language compendium of works by said essayists. See _One China, Many Paths_:

http://www.versobooks.com/books/tuvwxyz/w-titles/wang_c_one_china.shtml

So, fingers crossed... but I'd rather have my surreptitious entry to off-limits NLR inventory restored.

John Gulick Knoxville, TN Morristown, NJ