[lbo-talk] erections

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Wed Jul 12 18:02:21 PDT 2006

Miles Jackson wrote:

> info at pulpculture.org wrote:

> > But what about, say, a 22 year old who has erections

> > while going about his daily business. Is it your

> > experience that you have to invite them at that age,

> > and that it's a matter of will power?

> As I recall, they pretty much popped up spontaneously

> at that age; didn't have anything to do with thinking

> about sex. I can't think of a time I've been able to

> make an erection "go away" through sheer will power.

> (The cold shower cliche is accurate, though.)

Seriously man, in my senility I can almost-shamelessly confess I myself suffered that "problem" way back when I was a naive hi-skooler, which once or twice made standing up at teacher's demand to recite an answer to a classroom question a ghastly embarrassment I still shudder to recall, up until I started frequenting the North end of Caladesi Island, but then after that no more.

To get up there you had to either arrive by boat or trudge past what I used to call "the atomic desolation" (a bleak, wide tract of aborted dredge-n-fill, where the limerock chunks strewn all across whay used to be the beach were big as softballs, studded all over razor-sharp seashell bits). Up past the "desolation" was a good mile of this incredible, cop-free, nearly deserted beach; half of the few people who ventured up there wore no clothes at all. I used to take my shorts off to swim in the Gulf.

Before then sometimes my boners were _espontaneos_, utterly involuntary, occasionally quite unwelcome; at North Caladesi amidst the other naked beachgoers is when and where I magically, painlessly, instantly acquired - how should I put this - _self-mastery_.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net