[lbo-talk] What is Israel's Objective?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Jul 13 13:43:25 PDT 2006

``from where I sit, looks like nothing short of complete insanity...'' .d.

---------

Looks that way to me too. It is extremely serious. But notice the US media and our peace loving government are mostly silent. OTHO, I have no idea what Israel wants, probably nothing, just punishing Hamas and Hezbollah from different angle.

Ravi wants to know ``how come very little talk of Israel's latest act of terrorism?''

This situation and its putative excuses, sound like Chaney's One Percent Solution.

But what is there to say? Israel under unequivocal US support has complete impunity to attack any and all of its neighbors. They've already decided on the final solution for the Palestinian problem, so it is just a question of tactical fulfillment. Bombing and strafing southern Lebanon evokes less noise than bombing and strafing their open-air internment camps, since attacks on Lebanon that are not technically war crimes yet.

Who's to stop them? The US Democrats? One squeak of protest out of any of them, and they will be incinerated by the Right and the US media as appeasers and supporters for terrorism.

CG