[lbo-talk] Mumbai bombings

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 02:39:00 PDT 2006

On 7/15/06, Aditya Mopur <mopuradityabharadwaj at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As one my father's friends, who was at one time a resident of bombay (rather hard-heartedly methinks) remarked, for a nation of a billion people and a city of 15 million, the no. of deaths are pretty small to have an impact on anyone. while harsh, i have to agree. also, the main reason this got serious attention was because of ze terrorists. otherwise, there are plenty of train accidents all across india every year that go completely unremarked by anyone and get a small 1.5 inch mention on the 7th page of the local paper.
>
> Aditya

I have heard my share of reductionist garbage from self-styled leftists over the years, but this takes the cake. Thanks for putting matters in such succint perspective. When are you in Mumbai next? You deserve a public felicitation, preferably outside Matunga Station where the first blast took place.

- Sujeet