[lbo-talk] Putin Channels Raimondo

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Jul 15 20:17:33 PDT 2006

On Saturday 15 July 2006 22:26, Carrol Cox wrote:

> 1. Is Israel pursuing "wider goals"? Undoubtedly.
>
> 2. Is U.S. foreign policy a tail to the Israeli dog? Absolutely NOT.
>
> The argument that the Zionist Lobby turns u.s. policy against u.s.
> interests is, at bottom, apologetics for u.s. imperialism.

It kinda depends on what you mean by 'U.S.' I personally don't think that our rulers are a monolithic bloc. Different factions, I suspect, pursue somewhat different goals. A really fanatical, on-message faction can move its agenda pretty far, until the rest start to get worried.

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org