[lbo-talk] Bill Clinton defends Lieberman's Iraq stance

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 16 06:30:18 PDT 2006

[Modern medicine has a lot to answer for in keeping Bill Clinton alive.]

Bill Clinton defends Lieberman's Iraq stance July 14, 2006

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Former President Bill Clinton is sticking up for U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman and his support of the Iraq war.

Clinton, who spoke at an Aspen Institute conference last week, questioned why Democrats in Connecticut are focusing on ousting a fellow Democrat, Lieberman.

Lieberman faces a stronger-than-expected Aug. 8 primary challenge by Greenwich millionaire businessman Ned Lamont, who has criticized Lieberman for his support of the war and his perceived closeness with Republicans and President Bush.

"If we allow our differences over what to do now in Iraq to divide us instead of focusing on replacing Republicans in Congress; that's the nuttiest strategy I ever heard in my life," Clinton told the nonprofit cultural organization. ...

<http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/articles/2006/07/14/bill_clinton_defends_liebermans_iraq_stance_1152922213/>

Carl