[lbo-talk] Re-intro

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Mon Jul 17 11:33:04 PDT 2006

George Scialabba wrote:

> When you're feeling like an anarchist, do you see any way to combine a

> sophisticated, hi-tech economy with decentralized, or at least

> strictly accountable, political authority?

What factors of a high-tech economy would make top-down forms of organization necessary? (If the critiques are well-known, please point me in the right direction, this is very interesting to me.)

(Oddly enough, I learn a lot about anarchism from observing software corporations... for instance, they often don't make the blunder of choosing representatives, say for standards bodies or PR purposes, who end up wielding more power than them. In contrast to citizens electing gov't representatives.)

Tayssir