[lbo-talk] Re-intro

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 22:51:22 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> > "A lot of anarchists/greens, and Michael Albert, don't
> like hierarchies of any kind. Many don't like
> representative structures - people like Murray
> Bookchin want no units so large that face-to-face
> meetings become impractical."

The only face to face thing is absurd, and so is all consensus all the time - and I can think of a few Marxists who favor both; it is not merely an anarchist foible. Again there are differing meanings to the word "hiearchy". If you simply mean "organization with defined roles" then of course you have "hierachy". That is one meaning of the term. But if you mean grave disparities of power - that ought be eliminable. You can make sure people excercise power in equal terms to the extent that they have power excercised against them.