[lbo-talk] how Hillary could win

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 09:12:12 PDT 2006

Carl noted:

>There is an element of US society today, the gloating
>super-rich, that simply did not exist 40 years ago

I always thought increasing polarization would bring resentment and ultimately upheaval, but so far the opposite seems far more the case. I'm not yet 40, but twenty years ago, for instance, we only had that Robin Leach turd on TV whereas now we have countless 'bling' shows dedicated to celbrities' Cribs, those of High Net Worth, etc. Indeed, it's not only the various baubles and trappings that we're so fascinated with and so eager to ape, but also the very arrogance of those possessing them.