[lbo-talk] stupidest quote of the week from an American politician?

George Scialabba scialabb at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 20 09:27:18 PDT 2006

I dunno, Jerry. I emphatically agree that most philosophy and political science professors should be washing toilets. But don't you feel the occasional surge of indignation against your fellow citizens for letting the wool be pulled over their eyes so regularly and calamitously? Doug politely called this a deep conservative streak in American political culture; but besides conservative principles, there's an awful lot of apathy, ignorance, and prejudice out there, isn't there?