how we could win [was Re: [lbo-talk] how Hillary could win]

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Fri Jul 21 02:16:09 PDT 2006

On Jul 20, 2006, at 4:46 AM, Tahir Wood wrote:

> "how we could win [was Re: [lbo-talk] how Hillary could win]"
> Ho hum ... how to make the Democratic Party electable ... Why don't

> you
> guys look at Labour's three consecutive terms in office and see how

> they
> did it? If a Blair is what you want, that is.

The U.S. pop is mostly to the right of social democracy - you think they're ready for autonomism? Doug

I don't really understand the implications of this question. For example, are you saying that you by virtue of your own political behaviour are able to affect "most" of the "pop" or not? Are you saying that you have adopted views that are identical to "most of the pop" so as not to feel so all alone, or what? What I do know is that some of the most radical people I have ever read or come across are American. Also, I think you may be taking some kind of American exceptionalism too far, from what you say. In any case I can't really debate something unless it's put into some kind of sensible form. Tahir