[lbo-talk] America Held Hostage

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 21 08:11:54 PDT 2006

>From: mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com>
>
>http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=9371
>
>America Held Hostage
>
>by Justin Raimondo
>
>... When it comes to kowtowing before the Israel lobby,
>however, Congress outdoes the executive branch by
>several degrees of servility. Pat Buchanan was exactly
>right when he described Congress as "Israeli-occupied
>territory." ...
>
>Baghdad – Beirut – Damascus – Tehran: get on board the
>"regime change" train and fasten your seat belt.
>Because it doesn't matter how sick unto death the
>American public is of the neocons' wars. They will get
>one after the other anyway, in rapid succession. This
>is due to the unprecedented power of "the Lobby" – as
>Professor John J. Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt term it
>in their now-famous Harvard University study of
>Israel's fifth column in the U.S. ...

If there is a scintilla of good news from the Lebanon horror, it is that no rational being can continue to deny the Israel lobby's awesome sway -- aided, of course, by the supreme tractability of the American people. I just read a post here by Jerry Monaco taking Wojtek to task for comparing people in general to sheep. I agree that this is an unfair comparison, since in the case of Americans it is quite insulting to sheep. Sheep at least have some volitional capacity; USers seem to have none. Presented with a force field like the Israel lobby, Americans just line up like iron filings in the desired pattern.

Carl