[lbo-talk] Is this the new left?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 21 15:03:05 PDT 2006

True, because it's so over. But Berube was once a devotee. (Some years ago I listened to his ardent defense of Pomo in a debate with Alan Sokal.) Its political stance was a cloudy mix of Democratic party left-liberalism and I.P., the source of the most choleric attacks on Chomsky's anarchism since Vietnam days. --CGE