[lbo-talk] Is this the new left?

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Fri Jul 21 15:56:46 PDT 2006

At 06:43 PM 7/21/2006, B. wrote:
>The signal-to-noise ratio of so much PoMo stuff favors
>the noise. Or at least that's my experience.
>
>That doesn't mean I don't find some PoMo stuff
>personally useful, but I've found I enjoy it more
>aesthetically (like poetry or a novel) than as a tool
>for social analysis, if that makes sense. Like Chomsky
>said about Foucault (who was apparently the PoMo dude
>Chomsky respected most) "you have to dig." Some
>authors you have to dig more than others. There's some
>funny, amusing, ironic stuff, here and there, like
>Baudrillard pointing out that laid off French
>steelworkers were re-hired at EuroDisney to play Snow
>White's Seven Dwarves, etc. Har har. But reading a lot
>of PoMo is just a slog.
>
>-B.

Really> because i don't think you can understand a thing about the sex wars in feminist bloglandia right now if you haven't read butler. every single thing that butler discusses is illuminated by what's going on right now. (And please, don't give me the crap about how someone else said it first: not an argument.)

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org