[lbo-talk] Gallup on US sympathies in ME

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Jul 21 18:15:17 PDT 2006

But why should any of this be surprising given that the media is behind Israel 500% and that there may be one negative report once a year.

My ex was driving across the country a few years ago and he told me that every local paper he read en route -- he reads them all -- devoted its "foreign news" section to Israel.

When the second intifada started, I started reading a lot of stuff about ME/Palestine/Israel history and couldn't believe the horror of it. But I had to read books and I had to find them -- Finklestein, Chomsky, Draper, Cockburn... This stuff is not available everywhere.

Joanna