[lbo-talk] Is this the new left?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 22 07:35:54 PDT 2006

Derrida's was not trying to understand the world -- he was doing negative theology and attempting to _undermine_ understanding the world. I really liked De la grammatologie and enjoyed the theology he was doing in the 90s. Most of the rest of his stuff I don't care for (as one might have expected, I don't like his interpretation of Heidegger). I find Zizek entertaining (I know him only through his essays and not from his Lacanian stuff). Never read Butler.

--- Jerry Monaco <monacojerry at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just saying that whenever I read Derrida or
> Zizek or Butler, etc. etc.
> I find them next to worthless in trying to actually
> understand the world.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!