[lbo-talk] Pakistan feels your grief, Musharraf tells Mumbai

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sat Jul 22 14:18:31 PDT 2006

At around 22/7/06 7:46 am, Chris Doss wrote:
> Uh, no. They both contain three syllables and begin
> with the letter "I"!
>
> --- Sujeet Bhatt <sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't believe there is any basis, political or
>> historical, for comparing India and Israel.

Yes, but why look for political or historical basis. The question was a much simpler one of comparing India's "logic" (in refusing to continue negotiations with Pakistan) with that of Israel. I would think the trouble would lie in my analogizing Pakistan to Palestine!

But if we really must go there, both nations (Israel and India) have the great track record against Muslims that they could share, if need be.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/