[lbo-talk] Re: why is tikkun/ david horowitz

Seth Kulick skulick at seas.upenn.edu
Sat Jul 22 19:45:00 PDT 2006

> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:40:12 -0700
> From: Joel Schalit <managingeditor at tikkun.org>
> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] why is tikkun/ david horowitz? PS
> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
>
> Ahh, I missed Michael's intro here and went straight to the Horowitz
> quotes.
> I think my boss makes a good case for why he published the piece.
>
> I wouldn't necessarily cite Mill, but what have you. I feel a whole lot
> better now.
>
> Joel

I am fairly certain that Tikkun has published Horowitz before, I think as part of a discussion of the 1991 Gulf War. As I recall, he said something such as "I'm glad Michael Lerner has come to realize the value of the armed forces" and Lerner replied "not so fast". Just from memory, not actual quotes. I can't stand Lerner, and I stopped reading Tikkun after subscribing to it for a few years when it first started. But I've been surprised glancing at it on the newstand over the last year or so that there have been quite a few articles that looked very interesting and beyond the usual "we must save the soul of Israel" type thing that is so irritating.