[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 05:59:17 PDT 2006

Marvin Gandall wrote:

>I'm not convinced it makes "perfect sense" for those who are neither
>Lebanese nor Hezbollah to declare that they are such, although I understand
>the slogans are intended as a powerful expression of solidarity. But
>demonstrations should be aimed outwards rather than inwards -
>notwithstanding that it's also important for participants to sense their
>own
>power - so slogans along the lines of "Israel Out Of..." and "End Canadian
>(British,US etc.) Support For..." are more comprehensible slogans for
>passers by drawn to the demonstration. Then again, these disagreements over
>slogans always boil down to how you see the purpose of the demonstration,
>and who it is you're trying to attract.

Those other slogans were there as well, but when we were outside the embassy it sort of made sense. If we could have got in there, Hezbollah's flag would have been dangling out of one of the windows.

_________________________________________________________________ Windows Live™ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb