[lbo-talk] We're all irrelevant

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Mon Jul 24 07:18:28 PDT 2006

>>> <lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org> 07/24/06 3:30 PM >>>
I suppose that the "Anti-Imperialist" ideology associated with those regimes lives on long past its period of historical relevance, but without the anchoring that those societies provided. All that's left is this sort of atavistic posturing, raising seemingly confrontational slogans in support of reactionary movements for whom communists are declared enemies.

There's often more than a little narcissism involved too, as in the case of a recently departed member of this list who has just got thrown off Proyect's list too (don't worry she loves it, which is my point). Her latest riposte to critical secular leftists is that the rulers of Iran and similar countries have never heard of them. Won't someone who's in touch with her tell her that these clerical types have indeed heard of communists? They advocate our elimination and seek to do just that at the first sniff of power. Yes, they have heard of us - and we're far from irrelevant to them. Tahir -------------- next part -------------- All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm