[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 10:55:10 PDT 2006

Brian Atinsky wrote:

>I am interested in your definition of terrorism. Do you have some sort
>of objective definition or is it like the definition of a weed: a plant
>you don't like?

Good point, and your answer is the closest to a proper definition I've ever found. The Late Christopher Hitchens used to say that the word itself is an abuse. But I must mean something by it, so I suppose I mean it in the sense that Hezbollah has not conducted attacks on civilians in Israel until this war, and even here it has responded to Israel's attacks on Lebanese civilians and could be said to be engaging in a military rather than terrorist strategy (hence the sinking of a warship).

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN Search Toolbar now includes Desktop search! http://join.msn.com/toolbar/overview