[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

Tim tim_boetie at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 24 12:56:27 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 11:42 -0400, Max B. Sawicky wrote:
> It may make sense to you, or to the proletarian masses of Egypt etc.,
> but in Oceania the slogan is a gift to the Israelis, neo-cons, and Fox News
> complex.

But Fox News are going to paint us as anti-american terrorist supporters no matter what slogan we use. "We are all Hezbollah" is no worse from that point of view than the most mealy-mouthed slogan one could come up with. It's pointless thinking about what Fox News (and the right-wing media more generally) will make of our slogans, they can't usefully be the audience for left-wing demonstrations.

--

"Boredom is the threshold to great deeds."

-- Walter Benjamin http://huh.34sp.com/ --------------------------- tim_boetie at fastmail.fm