[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 15:44:37 PDT 2006

--- "www.leninology. blogspot.com" <leninology at hotmail.com> wrote:

>In this case, Hezbollah is not colonising or
ethnically cleansing anyone, nor is it stealing land.

The notion of "stealing land" presupposes that "owning" land is fundamentally normal.

And as someone who supports open borders, I am not going to support arguments which try to imply that European Jews somehow had no right to move to Palestine.

Granted, many atrocities were committed by Zionism. Atrocities accompany any national project. That's why nations suck.

But atrocities aside, even the "best" anti-Zionist arguments seem to end up implying that Jews should have asked permission of the native population before moving to Palestine. The Palestinian population is somehow more "natural," because they were "there first," they "worked the land" that the Jews "stole."

I don't think most anti-Zionists are motivated by malicious intent. I just think they are ignorant of how close all of this is to the "Blood and Soil" ideology of Nazis.