[lbo-talk] Fwd: Israeli Cluster Munitions Hit Civilians in Lebanon

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Jul 24 20:21:32 PDT 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 23:08, Jerry Monaco wrote:

> "Cluster munitions are unacceptably inaccurate and unreliable weapons
> when used around civilians," said Kenneth Roth, executive director of
> Human Rights Watch. "They should never be used in populated areas."

But... where else _would_ you use them? The New York Times ethicist de jure bellico: Yes, you can have these weapons, and yes, you can use them -- but not for their designed purpose. -- Well, that's that. Whew. Now _I'm_ in the clear. Dude! I'm on record! Let's have a nice cup of herbal tea!

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org