[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:32:15 PDT 2006

>>>I would not expect a different position from Tikkun,
>>>but not being the pious
>>>sort I tend to decide who I will support based on
>>>whether they are oppressed
>>>or oppressor, exploited or exploiter.
>>
>>I think this is shoddy reasoning.
>
>Not to mention two-dimensional.

I don't much care that you think it's two-dimensional or shoddy. Glib, smug assertions have never particularly bowled me over. It is the role of the left to support the oppressed, not without criticism, distinction or discrimination, but without this Beautiful Soul narcissism in which one expects oppressed groups to live up to one's ego-ideal of liberalism.

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN Search Toolbar now includes Desktop search! http://join.msn.com/toolbar/overview