[lbo-talk] Re: Tikkun/ Horowitz/ divestment

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Tue Jul 25 06:54:05 PDT 2006

Aaron -

What ever you've been trying to figure out, its come across as pretty intense and weird at times. I've received numerous off-list notes asking me about it.

Look, I don't want - as I have made PAINFULLY CLEAR to answer questions about:

A. Michael Lerner's editorial decisions or politics. He's my boss. B. Any aspect of his such as his synagogue and political organizations.

Why?

Because though all of these things may share an internet portal called tikkun.org, they are all different operations - the synagogue, the non-profits, communiques, everything.

I do not edit or influence anything in this world except the magazine's business and editorial policies, and even in doing that, I do the work of six people.

That is absolutely IT. There is nothing left to figure out or ask.

Thanks, Joel