[lbo-talk] Dems probe new lows

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Jul 26 06:48:15 PDT 2006

Doug quoted:

The letter reads: "The Speaker's podium reflects our nation's values.

[WS:] That is probably true. As to "our nation's values" see http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/060731fa_fact1

This is really scary stuff - vis a vis which one almost wants to hug the Dems and wish that "our nation's" faults were limited to treating Third World autocrats as punching boys.

PS. If after reading this piece anyone still has any illusions that anything left-of-the center that is not handed down by enlightened elites (e.g. FDR) has a chance of popular success in this country - that person needs to have his head examined.

Wojtek