[lbo-talk] Re: we are all hezbollah

J cogprole2 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 26 07:49:19 PDT 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 6:38 PM, A. Novus wrote:

> The notion of "stealing land" presupposes that
> "owning" land is fundamentally normal.
>
> And as someone who supports open borders, I am not
> going to support arguments which try to imply that
> European Jews somehow had no right to move to
> Palestine.....
>
> But atrocities aside, even the "best" anti-Zionist
> arguments seem to end up implying that Jews should
> have asked permission of the native population before
> moving to Palestine. The Palestinian population is
> somehow more "natural," because they were "there
> first," they "worked the land" that the Jews "stole."
>
> I don't think most anti-Zionists are motivated by
> malicious intent. I just think they are ignorant of
> how close all of this is to the "Blood and Soil"
> ideology of Nazis.

but living on land IS fundamentally normal (regardless of ownership) in fact it is unavoidable. one also has a right not to be moved from it unjustly. every society has rules about this or it's use... even common law land. in disagreements or in absence of any ideal you have to go by these rules. is 'Blood and Soil' an ideology specific to the nazis? if i remember correctly it was more that the Nazis were into expanding the living space for germans. your argument only makes sense if the zionist were intent on sharing the land which has been clearly shown not to be true.

~J