[lbo-talk] social democracy vs Marxism

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 09:33:36 PDT 2006

It's a bad translation of the Russian title BTW. If I recollect correctly, the Russian title is "Imperializm -- nyneishnaya stadiya kapitalizma." Which means "Imperialism -- a very new stage of capitalism."

He never called the Russian Empire a "prison-house of nations" either. "Tyurma" just means "prison" or "jail." "Prison-house" is a funky translational prettying-up of the text.

> On Jul 26, 2006, at 10:54 AM, parthasarathy
> kalalesrinivasaranga wrote:
>
> > His Imperialism Highest stage of Capitalism is
> applicable today
> > better and was premature for his time.
>
> How's that? Are the capitalist powers fighting with
> each other over
> dividing up the colonies? Are cartels dividing up
> the economic realm?
> Are imperialists earning superprofits in the
> colonized world?
>
> Doug

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!