[lbo-talk] social democracy vs Marxism

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Jul 26 13:44:52 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood

How's that monopoly? Some markets are more competitive than ever, because of transnationalization. E.g., autos in the U.S.

^^^^ CB: Are you SURE ? Is that an expression of religious faith on your part that some markets are more competitive than others ?

Shall we fully investigate Lenin's discussion of monopoly ? One of his main points is that monopoly does _not_ end competition. That's almost a direct quote. What enters with monopoly is monopoly competition, which is more vicious than the prior competition.

The recent increased competition in auto seems to be a fine example of monopoly competition.

If we quote Lenin, will that be "citing holy text" ? Or shall we deal with Lenin in mythical soundbites ?

> Surely they are earning super-profits somewhere, even if
> not from paleo-colonies.

Surely? What is this, a declaration of religious faith?

^^^^^ CB: Are you not sure ( based on non-religious methods) that corporations are earning super-profits ?