[lbo-talk] Hezbollah Attacks on UN

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Fri Jul 28 12:13:50 PDT 2006

At around 28/7/06 1:34 pm, Carl Remick wrote:
>> From: Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com>
>>
>> --- Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > I don't know about the smart part, but you're
>> > certainly opinionated,
>> > "Angelus Novus." Does your anonymity reflect lack
>> > of confidence in these
>> > opinions?
>> >
>> > Come out, come out and tell us who you are.
>>
>> It seems to me extremely dangerous to post under one's
>> own name on such a forum, which is openly accessible
>> to governments and employers.
>
> So live dangerously, Herr Wuss. If everyone acted like you, the world
> would be even more repressive and anti-democratic than it is now.

Carl,

I do not agree with your classifying the desire for anonymity as wuss-ish. Each of us suffer different circumstances and there are some who might face much graver consequences than others. I will wager that there are a lot of people in the world who have effected important changes while remaining anonymous to some degree or the other.

In order to ease the suspense, perhaps you can think of A. Novus as the erstwhile Michael Pug? ;-)

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/