[lbo-talk] Hezbollah Attacks on UN

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 08:16:20 PDT 2006

--- ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> wrote:

> In order to ease the suspense, perhaps you can think
> of A. Novus as the
> erstwhile Michael Pug? ;-)

Heh, nope Angelus isn't a creation of me. I agree with most of his political critique, though I am as he says as social democrat, though one with residual sympathies for libertarian communism...And with that a photo from a book vs. the UN by a National Review neo-con, Jed Babbin showing the Hezbollah flag by the UN flag at one of the worthless UN observation posts (UNIFIL isn't even armed, cf. Dutch peacekeepers in Bosnia that were kidnapped en masse by the Bosnian Serbs) in Lebanon http://www.cjnews.com/photos/aug15/flags.jpg http://www.un.org/Depts/dpko/missions/unifil/pr010.pdf
>...It was also reported that Hezbollah fired from the vicinity of four UN
positions at Alma ash Shab, Tibnin, Brashit, and At Tiri.

http://www.un.org/Depts/dpko/missions/unifil/pr010.pdf
>...Another UN position of the Ghanaian battalion in the area of Marwahin
in the western sector was also directly hit by one mortar round from the Hezbollah side last night. The round did not explode, and there were no casualties or material damage. Another 5 incidents of firing close to UN positions from the Israeli side were reported yesterday. It was also reported that Hezbollah fired from the vicinity of four UN positions at Alma ash Shab, Tibnin, Brashit, and At Tiri. All UNIFIL positions remain occupied and maintained by the troops.