[lbo-talk] Re: lbo-talk Digest, Vol 31, Issue 244

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sun Jul 30 00:52:24 PDT 2006

I think you have to pay royalties to Christopher Hitchens every time you use this phrase.

You don't have to be an apologist for Hizbullah to be suspicious of it. In most every instance of it that one comes across it serves as a bloody shirt to try to get people to acquiesce in what the US has done in Iraq and Afghanistan and what the US/Israel is doing in Lebanon. Any analytical category whose primary political function is to get people to acquiesce in war crimes deserves a high level of scrutiny.

My recollection is that Doug himself cited Cole's denunciation of Hizbullah for rocketing Israeli cities. You conflate two issues, perhaps tendentiously.