[lbo-talk] MP fails to condemn Killing of Children

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 16:07:10 PDT 2006

> Like any guerilla force, Hezbollah blends with the population. If you
> want to embrace the same strategy the US followed in Vietnam, be my
> guest. But don't present it as anything but imperial brutality.
>
> Doug

How are these stats equivalent to the Vietnam War? 2.8 million Vietnamese casualties according to David Harris in, "Our War:: What We Did in Vietnam and What It Did to Us. " 1.4 million in the Gaza strip, 2.4 million on the West Bank, these figures http://www.google.com/search?q=palestinian+casualties+total http://www.palestinercs.org/crisistables/table_of_figures.htm show 3,969 Palestinian killed last I looked.

If the IDF ZioNazis were really to engage in the same strategy followed in the Vietnam War of "free fire zones" all of us here, friendly or hostile to the existence of Israel within its '67 borders, would agree that the incredibly efficient killing machine that the IDF is, would have reached at least a figure of 1% (to use that subject line of another thread) of KIA of enemy combatents and civilians?

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/massacre.html Wars and Genocides of the 20th Century 160 million people died in wars during the 20th century. Arab-Israeli wars

* I (1947-49): 6,373 Israeli and 15,000 Arabs die * II (1956): 231 Israeli and 3,000 Egyptians die * III (1967): 776 Israeli and 20,000 Arabs die * IV (1973): 2,688 Israeli and 18,000 Arabs die * Intifada I (1987-92): 170 Israelis and 1,000 Palestinians * Intifada II (2000-03): 700 Israelis and 2,000 Palestinians

Level of destruction of Beirut, http://vitalperspective.typepad.com/vital_perspective_clarity/2006/07/new_map_of_beir.html

Comparable to Jenin, (initially agitprop from the P.A. had the numbers killed in the thousands, final assessment was 52 Palestinians, 22 being civilians.) http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2002/4/Aerial%20Photographs%20of%20Jenin

Critiqued here, http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2002/021110-jenin-test.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September_in_Jordan Estimates of the number of the people killed in the ten days of Black September range from three thousand to more than five thousand, although exact numbers are unknown.

Estimates of the number killed by Assad, Sr. in Hama, Syria after a Muslim Brotherhood intafada , anywhere from 10,000-25,000.

-- Michael Pugliese