[lbo-talk] Murray Bookchin RIP

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jul 31 05:54:06 PDT 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 5:56 AM, B. wrote:

> I was out of town and away from email for awhile, so
> when I got back and saw the notice about Bookchin's
> death it hit me me pretty hard. I've always been an
> admirer of Bookchin. Even when I disagreed with him on
> finer points I've felt a broad sympathy for his ideas,
> which evolved over time.

Yeah, I didn't agree with him on a lot of things, but I always admired his principles & spirit.

I was surprised, bordering on skeptical, to learn that he was 85 when he died. Shortly after I started LBO, I spoke with him on the phone, and he sounded like he was 106. And that was almost 20 years ago.

Doug