[lbo-talk] Le Blog Bérubé on the war

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 31 18:46:32 PDT 2006

Michael J. Smith wrote:
> ...once somebody starts nattering about Israel's "right to defend
> itself" in the (usual) context of a massive Guernica-style Israeli
> assault, I figure I've heard it all before, and not just once.

Exactly. Sadly enough, Paul Krugman began his column today with the assertion, "Israel is clearly acting in self defense." Interestingly, he found it necessary to re-assert it at the end -- "Israel has the right to protect itself." Even Homer nods, but on this point, Paul has become a bobble-head. --CGE