[lbo-talk] 2004 election, again

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 16:04:11 PDT 2006

Ravi:

As before, the arguments put forth are quite strong. So, why is nobody (i.e, Democrats) following up on this? (please, I beg you, no answers about how Democrats are wimps, etc).

=================

The wimp hypothesis is fun but a bit of dead end I suppose.

Please pardon my mess as I slap a heaping plate of hot conjecture onto the table.

The implications of a stolen election are quite profound. So profound some might fail to follow-up because it's inconceivable (from the true believer's POV).

Others might be willing to accept the idea the election may have been a smash and grab operation but fear the radically disruptive effects of an investigation. It could get very ugly very fast and even those who're grumbling might fear the ugliness more than they wish to see the matter resolved.

Better to wait out the Bush regime – the devil you know - and pray for better days.

Now, to return to the wimp meme for just a moment...

A strong opposition party, smelling the blood in the water, would ruthlessly move to smash their weakening enemies out of office and the devil take the hindmost.

But the Dems aren't much of an opposition party. Well, they are, but of the "loyal opposition" sort.

It's the loyalty part that keeps the Sun Tzus and Yi Soon Shins of the bunch under lock and key, never able to craft bold, breakout strategies.

.d.

--------- Necessitas ultimum et maximum telum est.

Livy

http://monroelab.net/blog/