[lbo-talk] CNN's Cooper recounts Steven Seagal with NOLA SWAT team during Katrina

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 18:15:18 PDT 2006

[Anderson Cooper interview in July 2006 Stuff magazine.]

Q: In your book [Dispatches from the Edge], you mention all the celebrities who showed up in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Does any one encounter stand out as the most bizarre?

ANDERSON COOPER: Steven Seagal. A cop car pulls up, and I'm thinking, 'Weird, that guy looks like Steven Seagal.' Then I realize that it is Steven Seagal. And it's not just Steven Seagal; it's Steven Seagal in uniform out on patrol with the Jefferson Parish SWAT Team. I was oddly transfixed, so I went up to him. He was like, "Yeah, I'm just out here doing my thing. I don't want to make a big deal out of it." The next day I saw him on MSNBC with Rita Cosby. I'm like, 'Oh, okay. Real D.L.'

Then when he leaves, he makes eye contact and does a little Buddhist bow -- that little sensei thing. [Laughs] It's hard to beat that one.

-----

My take on this, w/ a pic of Seagal w/ the SWAT Team, plus Bush's Marvel comic books-writing domestic policy advisor, and Chuck Norris's stint with Texas police officers during a real-life drug raid in Terrell, Texas, is here:

http://syndicalist.livejournal.com/428011.html

-B.