[lbo-talk] Germans should stop feeling Holocaust guilt:

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 2 11:26:14 PDT 2006

Jim wrote:

>Lincoln had to use the Emancipation Proclamation as part of his strategy.

I had to help my daughter answer a question about the Emancipation Proclamation for a second grade assignment earlier this year, around President's Day. The phrase "did not free a single slave" is commonplace in the literature about it now. This is from Encyclopedia Britannica. It's the beginning of an intro to the text itself:

http://www.britannica.com/presidents/article-9116929