[lbo-talk] Vote 2004: Why Kennedy and Rolling Stone Are All Wet

Hank henry at inkworkswell.com
Sun Jun 4 06:39:10 PDT 2006

Also, this was posted at Dave Farber's list. His last line reads:

"The National Election Data Archive invites everyone to read its concise paper which solidly rebuts all the arguments made to date which claim to demonstrate a lack of evidence of vote fraud in U.S. elections."

From: Peter Jones <peter at redesignresearch.com> Date: June 3, 2006 7:07:43 PM EDT To: dave at farber.net Subject: RE: [IP] more on Was the 2004 election stolen? Yes.

Dave - As an Ohio resident who also personally observed and recorded the 2004 election vote recount in Greene County, I can attest to the fact that the systematic manipulation of the recount process was managed by phone calls and directives from SoS Blackwell's office. I was there when the calls came in. I observed that the statutory procedures we fledgling observers had been recently trained in were, in fact, not followed - and when challenged, the Board of Elections officials merely stated "they always did it this way." The Cuyahoga County BOE was indicted for election law crimes for conducting their 2004 recount using the same process, because they had prosecutors willing to take on the case. The illegal recount process was systematic and controlled by the Secretary of State, now candidate for Governor.

As far as Manjoo goes, or Steve Hertzberg for that matter, they have been consistently publishing the same position since 2004, and I invite them to reopen the issue themselves. To look at the mountains of evidence compiled by grassroots Ohio activists - collaborations of statisticians and math professors among them - and national groups such as the one I copy below. I welcome people to read Kathy Dopp's statistical analysis based on Ohio precinct data which knocks dead Warren Mitofksy's weak and handwaving response suggesting there was bias in his exit polls which showed Kerry winning Ohio. See: http:// uscountvotes.org/ Which is now the National Election Data Archive project, a people's project to collect vote actuals data in all future elections to prevent this kind of catastrophe from occurring again.

The National Election Data Archive publicly released a paper "2004 Presidential Election ­ Compendium of Attempts to Dismiss Vote Fraud" which solidly rebuts, in 6 short pages, the academic arguments which claim to have shown that there is no vote fraud/miscounts in U.S. elections.

The short compendium of academic attempts to dismiss vote fraud includes claims made by the Democratic National Committee and pollster Warren Mitofksy among others:

http://electionarchive.org/ucvAnalysis/US/ IncorrectElectionDataAnalysis-06.pdf

Every argument that Mitofksy, Election Science Institute, the Democratic National Committee, and others have made which purports that there is no evidence of vote miscount in U.S. elections is refuted in a page or less in this short compendium by the National Election Data Archive's volunteer statisticians and mathematicians.

Warren Mitofsky is very well respected within AAPOR due to his past work and leadership. Consequently Mitofsky's position, that exit poll discrepancies were caused by partisan response bias rather than vote miscounts is given great weight within AAPOR. However, the National Election Data Archive, describes recent Mitofsky analyses which were presented by Mitofsky and Fritz Scheuren at recent ASA.org and AAPOR.org conferences, as "sophistry" rather than mathematically valid analyses.

The National Election Data Archive points out that the National Election Pool (NEP) and Mitofsky have not yet released any exit poll data or analysis publicly that supports this response bias hypothesis. Yet all the data regarding pollster conditions which Mitofsky claims they analyzed would not pose any risk to voter confidentiality to release.

The National Election Data Archive invites everyone to read its concise paper which solidly rebuts all the arguments made to date which claim to demonstrate a lack of evidence of vote fraud in U.S. elections.

(Leaving my contact info out)

When you need to communicate, Ink Works! http://www.inkworkswell.com +1 (727) 942-9255