[lbo-talk] Language of Contempt

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon Jun 5 09:56:03 PDT 2006

I wrote, "the slight increase in reproductive potential yielded by additional sexual partners is vastly outweighed by the potential cost of turning off all prospective providers."

Just to clarify: I was only referring to the benefits conferred by the marginally greater odds of getting knocked up. I think female promiscuity and infidelity in the pursuit of better genes and/or additional resources were probably positively selected for (although they would be context-sensitive dispositions, just like countless other behavioral traits).

-- Luke