[lbo-talk] Liberalism and preemptive evil

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 07:53:12 PDT 2006

On 6/6/06, Doug Henwood wrote:
> The very fact that [Breinart & Radosh] feel the need to "revive" that sort of
> liberalism is proof that it barely exists today, if at all. The
> "left" of the DP, such as it is, isn't terribly bellicose, but it's
> also pretty small. The mainstream of the DP isn't in any sense
> "liberal"; as Clinton himself put it, they're Eisenhower Republicans
> now.

It seems to me that Breinart & Radosh have a natural ally in the Dem. Leadership Council.

-- Jim Devine / "The crippling of individuals I consider the worst evil of capitalism. Our whole educational system suffers from this evil. An exaggerated competitive attitude is inculcated into the student, who is trained to worship acquisitive success as a preparation for his future career." -- Albert Einstein.