[lbo-talk] Liberalism and preemptive evil

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 14:31:22 PDT 2006

They were both students of Heidegger, actually, though Arendt loved him and Straus hated him. Lowith and Marcuse were also his students. Bavk when I was writing my never-completed dissertation (on the influence of Heidegger on Arendt, going from her dissertation -- which I think uses Augustine as a proxy to attack some aspects of Being and Time and support some others) to her analysis of totalitarianism up to the Life of the Mind) I planned on at some point writing a book analyzing those four people's respective relations to the good Herr Doktor.

--- Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote:

> How do you read the same books, share the same
> minority status, have
> the same experiences, go to the same universities,
> even share
> professors and come out on almost diametrically
> opposite sides on just
> about every important issue in politics and
> philosophy?

Nu, zayats, pogodi!