[lbo-talk] Rep victory in CA-50: Reps to keep the House?

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 08:18:58 PDT 2006

Meanwhile, Southern California's leader of the effort to revive the early 19th century's Democratic-Republican Party, pro-war Rep. Jane Harman, won her primary contest against anti-war activist Marcy Winograd.

Sheet! I guess I have to register as a Democrat, because as a Peace & Freedom voter, I wasn't allowed to vote for Winograd against Harman. The electoral system is totally biased against third parties and in favor of the two-party duopoly: in California, some of the biggest issues are settled in the DP primary. But then again, nothing is _really_ settled by elections. -- Jim Devine / "The crippling of individuals I consider the worst evil of capitalism. Our whole educational system suffers from this evil. An exaggerated competitive attitude is inculcated into the student, who is trained to worship acquisitive success as a preparation for his future career." -- Albert Einstein.