[lbo-talk] Grappling with Heidegger

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Jun 8 20:00:56 PDT 2006

But, there's more to be said and this is where Marx's particular genius (I refrain from capitalizing) comes in, and it is this: being in the historical (man made) world is different from being in nature and to become enlightened by "being in the world" in any kind of socially useful way means being able to look at that difference, to understand it, to understand how our historic/cultural happenstance textures our conditioning and our perception. This is not a trivial task and it was Marx alone who articulated i, who gave it philosophical weight, and made some intial forays.... Pity he has not had anyone able to take further steps.

Comments? Anyone?

Joanna

^^^^^ CB: What might be some further steps ?