[lbo-talk] Indian Beatles

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Jun 10 10:27:47 PDT 2006

Michael Pollak wrote: And when you don't, you don't. Which is no big failing. None of us has a soul so big that everything can resonate, and no one's got the time or motivation to learn to appreciate everything that doesn't come naturally. But I think each of us should have the humbleness to realize that when we don't know anything about what makes a genre tick -- which we can deduce from the fact that don't like anything in it -- we shouldn't take our judgments about it seriously. Great post! I've seen a few bollywood movies that I liked quite a bit. I wasn't aware that I was condeming all bollywood.

Joanna