[lbo-talk] Re: language of contempt

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Jun 11 17:51:34 PDT 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> I'm certain we can travel beyond this brief and hastily constructed Ultra
> RadFem vs. BNat comparison to find other analogs.

I actually suspect you can't. Race and gender are the only two axes of oppression that seem inextricably tied up with biological features, and that's probably why they are far and away the two kinds of oppression that are most elaborated scrollworked with biological pseudotheory. And whites and men are the only two groups who seem to have always been on top since history started getting written. I think it's the conjunction of those two elements that lead to the despair -- which is basically just the inversion of the CW that the resulting hierarchy is biologically determined.

I think in any other case -- class, status or military oppression -- it's pretty obvious that it isn't based in genes. And although people can easily racialize national and ethnic differences, you can't point to a single enthnonation that's always been on top.

Except the Jews of course, but we're special.

[JOKE]

Michael