[lbo-talk] violent crime up

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 07:52:39 PDT 2006

Jordan Hayes:

Ok, my turn: Are you predestined to be a violent criminal because you happen to live within the (now greatly expanded and widely populated by immigrants) borders of a country that is purported to have had a violent frontier mentality?

Alright, I'm willing to have my assumptions corrected. In fact, I welcome the opportunity because I'm growing weary of my cliche-ridden brain.

Time for a house cleaning.

So here we are, with our often-repeated, standard tale: frontier background, racial strife, fearful White folk, underclass driven to crime and despair and so on and so forth.

What's an alternative explanation? Or, if that's not immediately available, how might we go about developing an alternative?

.d.

--------- Now with 35.2 percent new content!

http://monroelab.net/blog/