[lbo-talk] violent crime up

tfast at yorku.ca tfast at yorku.ca
Wed Jun 14 08:28:37 PDT 2006

Woj,

But if we are talking about day to day violent crime and you match on more than one of the factors pointed to in my post you find several countries with high crime rates. South Africa and Brazil spring to mind here. A history of racism with gross income inequality. And SA where violent crime is indeed very high you also have a history of militaristic national chauvinism and its close cousin intolerant idealism. Japan and Germany are just bad counter examples in this regard since WWII. We would have to run a mutiple rgression on this to settle the matter.

Or perhaps it just how the process of natural selection is playing out in the US. Your genes make you do it! Chicks did violent men:-).