[lbo-talk] power to the "homosexuals and onanists"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 08:39:43 PDT 2006

Dangit, I forgot to add the following comment:

I don't see why anyone is surprised that the KPRF would condemd a gay pride parade. The KPRF is a conservative party and always has been, as in "conserving the Soviet system," in which, you will recollect, homosexuality officially did not exist. It is largely a party of old people -- with about 10% representation in the Duma as opposed to its 50% or so in the late 90s. Zyuganov is not going to lose what is left of his dwindling electorate over a march.

I would be extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY, surprised if Luzhkov had given cops the go-ahead to beat-up marchers (what is a source for this claim?). I still also be surprised to learn that cops had beaten up any marchers at all -- I have heard nothing about it. Standing to one side apathetically is more their kind of thing.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!